The Foundation of Wushu:
All students looking to study the external styles are required to
learn the following:
Body Conditioning, Balance and Flexibility Training:
- Stretch drill
- Five basic stances
- Basic punches
- 10 sections of kicking
- 6 sections of jumping drill
- 4 short combination movements
- Five Stances short form
- Basic Long Fist form
- International Standard Long Fist form
- Basic short weapons form
Upon completion of the above basics, a student is welcome to study
more intermediate level forms, and weaponry.
Individual Preference Forms based on their body type, Level
I & II Wushu skills and strength:
- Students start to develop their individual forms based on above
- Long Fist
- Short Weapon: Dao (broad sword) or Jian (straight sword)
- Long Weapon: Gun (single staff) or Qiang (single spear)
Southern Shaolin fist; Northern Shaolin fist; Chaquan
- Traditional Weapons: Pudao; Double broad sword;
Double daggers; Long tassel straight sword.
- Fighting Techniques: Single and pair fighting techniques (empty-handed
or armed with Wushu weapons such as broad sword fighting long
Hawaii Wushu Team for US and International Wushu Competition around
the US and the world.
- When students reach to the advanced level, they will represent
Hawaii attend US or region international Wushu competitions.
- If the student achieves the highest level during the US
national competition, she/he may be selected as part of the US Wushu team
member for the World Wushu Competition.